Sunday, March 11, 2012

Akina Shaved Ice and Snacks

Hi!  I'm Kit!  The other day, I went to Akina Shaved Ice & Snacks, a little cafe near our house.  I love that place so much, I took some pictures.

"Akina Shaved Ice & Snacks" the sign read when I walked in (I'm very sorry it's sideways).
To my right was Gwen, the chef of the shop who puts the "Snacks" in "Akina Shaved Ice & Snacks".
Then, I walked over the the Shaved Ice stand.  What's so cool about this place is that when you walk in, you feel like you are outside, with the stands inside the building and the checker-print rug.  Kanani was working today.  Her family founded this place years ago, and she has kept it thriving ever since.
Chrissa was working at the snack stand, a new addition to the shop.  Her outfit was adorable that day!  Look at all those yummy snacks.  I couldn't decide what I wanted to eat.
Then, there was Ruthie, who was working at the checkout/beverage table.  I love that cash register, with the flower on it!  It really goes with the place's outdoor theme.
I walked over to the bookshelf.  This is another one of my favorite parts of the shop.  They have a huge bookshelf, filled with books and newspapers and magazines.  Sorry it's crooked again.
Next to that is a cozy chair.  Normally, when I come I sit there and read.
A pretty little green table was next to that, on the chair's left.
My friend Mia came in, so we sat at one of the tables.  I wanted a picture, so I asked Lanie to take one.  Mia brought her new iPod Touch, and we took turns playing Angry Birds.
Here is a picture of Lanie from behind...
And Lanie from the side.  She brought her computer, and she told me that she was emailing her friend, Dakota, who is on a trip in Costa Rica.  She also told me that Dakota got to play with an orangutan!  Looks like Lanie is enjoying her muffin, shaved ice, and pink lemonade.
I was hungry so I ordered some shaved ice, but what to choose?  
So many flavors!  Mango, Pink Lemonade, Cherry, Blue Raspberry, and Lemon Lime!
I also thought a lollipop sounded good.  
Then I checked out.  Ruthie was very nice, and even offered half-off because of how often I come here!
I got an Orange Crush, and paid my cash.  
Ruthie told me that the waiter for the day, Ann would come and serve my food to me.  
Thank you Ann!  I eventually chose Lemon Lime and Blue Raspberry for my shaved ice and cotton candy for my lollipop.  
So yummy!
Before I knew it, the ice was gone.  But at least I had another reason to come back!


P.S.- I was on Doll Diaries!  I'm Cate and I have the pictures of the dolls on the stairs.  Check it out at 
http://dolldiaries.com/reader-photos-for-march-11/

No comments:

Post a Comment